Opening of banking account in Kazakhstan:
Foreign citizens are entitled to open banking accounts in Kazakhsanian banks.
In accordance with the current procedure personal attendance in the bank is now required. The applicant should fill the form.
• Passport (original). For foreigners the notary translation is required. Translation into Russian is enough.
• Personal tax reference number in Kazakhstan and in the country of origin.
Moving / Shipment of Personal Goods
Kazakhstan together with Armenia, Belarus, Russia and Kyrgyzstan is a part of the EAEU (Eurasian Economic Union), therefore shipments moved in between member states are exempt from customs duties and fees.
For other countries, import duties amount to 2 euros per kg. They must be paid by the owner of the goods from their Kazakh bank account to Kazakh customs directly. As an oprtional service Intermark can facilitate this payment. For the citizens of Kazakhstan shipping their goods overseas, we also recommend to register at the Kazakh consulate in host location in order to avoid paying completely or decreasing the amount of import duties due upon return.
COVID-19 status quo:
To enter Kazakhstan foreign nationals do not need to submit a permission from Interagency Committee. Regular flights are resumed with Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Czech Republic, Georgia, Germany, Egypt, Hungary, India, Iran, Italy, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Japan. The land borders are open with Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. Upon arrival persons must demonstrate a negative PCR test done within 72 hours (the requirement does not apply to children under 5) or a vaccination certificate received on the territory of Kazakhstan or on the territory of Argentina, Armenia, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Canada, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Georgia, Great Britain, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Peru, Philippines, San Marino, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uzbekistan.
How can we help:
- Quickly create a relocation plan for your team
- Organization of the whole process on a turnkey basis
- Clearly prescribe the terms and costs that will be observed
- We make roadmaps - a transparent sequence of actions from the beginning to the end of the process
- We provide checklists for documents
- We always stay in touch and quickly provide any updates